This time around, the young boss of Gerai Nenek Obek is willingly to share her story with Facebook Ads.
Her 2nd food outlet ala cafe set-up was set up about 8 months ago. It is decision made by the family to be able to serve more customers in Singapore.
They wanted to try something new. Something that they never did before. That is Ramadan Weekend Buffet. We, Singaporeans, love to eat and explore new makan places. It is a culture.
The challenges were :-
1. They never did this type of event before.
2. They were on the fence about advertising with Facebook ads as they are used to flyers distribution all this while.
3. They did not determined their targets as they do now know how the response to their Ramadan Weekend Buffet will be like.
FLYERS VS FACEBOOK ADS
The main challenge for Filzah is to make decision which marketing platform to invest in order to promote Gerai Nenek Obek's Weekend Buffet.
Here, she was quoted $280.00 for 2000 copies of flyers. She came to me asking, for the same amount how big the audience will be on Facebook. I said that she was probably looking at an audience size of 30 000 people on mobile platform only.
She decided to divert her marketing budget from flyers to Facebook ads.
NO PRE-DETERMINED SALES TARGET
Next, we set our targets. Filzah did not have any pre-determined targets to meet as she did not know what to expect as this was their first time doing it.
If you are doing FB ads for your business, I encourage you to have at least SALES TARGET.
1. How much do you intend to make from a FB marketing campaign ? This way, your efforts in creating content and making changes are focused.
2. You do need a Sales Target so not to blow out or drained your budget. A simple guide, set aside 20% of your Sales Target for your FB ads.
WHAT IS THEIR FB AD LOOKS LIKE ?
HOW WAS THEIR RESULTS ?
- They exceeded their sales target by 20%.
- Their Facebook page likes increased by 50%.
- Their Facebook ad were shared organically by 120 people. It means, the ad can be seen by their own networks.
- They received feedback from customers on which areas they can improve. That's very valuable to Gerai Nenek Obek.
If you are running a food outlet or restaurant, I hope this story can inspire you or provide you some ideas for your FB ads.
This sharing of information will not happened without the consent and permission from Filzah. So, if you intend to drop by her outlet, feel free to check out for more details over here.